Kansas Girl, 15 Months, Electrocuted At Carnival

A little girl from Kansas died after she was shocked last week by equipment at a carnival.

The parents of Pressley Bartonek announced in a statement Friday that the 15-month-old girl died at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, the Wichita Eagle reported.

"We have made the difficult decision to donate her organs so that other patients in need of transplants no longer have to suffer through their illnesses and that her death was not in vain," Shaun and Rheannon said. "We request that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Pressley was hospitalized on May 12 after she was shocked by 290 volts of electricity in the parking lot of Evans United Shows carnival, KWCH reports.

Experts say flawed system failed slain boy who was fed to pigs

A little girl died after she was shocked by a carnival fence. 

A little girl died after she was shocked by a carnival fence. 

(gofundme)

The family posted on a GoFundMe account that the little girl was holding onto a metal gate near one of the rides when she "went unconscious."

"She was swinging back and forth, and all of a sudden she was going straight back with her eyes wide open," the child's grandmother told the Wichita Eagle.

Wester Energy was called to investigate and found that the gate the girl was holding on to had a deadly amount of volts of electricity going through it, KWCH reported.

Master electrician Jeff Kretchmar said that a wire may have had a break in it causing electricity to charge the fence.

Carnival management has not commented on the death, and has since moved to Topeka, Kansas.

Source : http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kansas-girl-dies-electrocuted-carnival-article-1.3179816

Kansas girl, 15 months, electrocuted at carnival
15-Month-Old Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted at Carnival in Kansas
15-month-old girl electrocuted at Wichita carnival dies
15-month-old possibly electrocuted at carnival in Kansas
15-Month-Old Girl Dies After Allegedly Getting Shocked by Live Wire at Carnival
15-Month-Old Girl Seriously Hurt at Carnival in Wichita
Toddler seemingly electrocuted at carnival, in critical condition
Carnival coming to Lee's Summit involved in incident where baby died in Wichita
Editorial: A toddler died at a carnival, so why is Kansas trying to delay new amusement park rules?
15-month-old girl seriously hurt at Kansas carnival